Sunday reading 💻
UIViewController👏 does 👏 not 👏 need 👏 to 👏 fill 👏 the 👏 screen, and many more important reminders: Dave DeLong - A Better MVC - YouTube
- NSPredicate Cheatsheet
- Great podcast I’m now binging my way through about being an iOS indie dev. Not sure why I never got to it before given my truly ridiculous podcast feed. Helpful, informative, lovely people: Independence
- A listicle genuinely worthy of your time, especially if you’re like me and occasionally want to throw the iPad out of the window whilst screaming “all I want is a windowing os” to those below: 11 Tips for Working on the iPad – MacStories
- Airport reading from yesterday was the delightfully written Codable book from Flight School. I posted this on twitter but it’s too good a quote to not repeat here:
> Every metadata or userInfo property is a compromise between correctness, completeness, and flexibility — an escape hatch for unthinkable use cases; a concession to one’s own hubris.
- Next week’s airport reading sorted: Xcode Treasures Now Available - Time.code()
- UILayoutGuide – The Traveled iOS Developer’s Guide – Medium
- Infinitesimal Odds: A Scientist Finds Her Child’s Rare Illness Stems From the Gene She Studies - The New York Times
- I cannot get those toppings out of my head: How a Frozen Pizza Brand Became Norway’s Unofficial National Dish - Gastro Obscura
- Bodybuilding: I’m loving 👸 Erin Stern’s recent videos about her latest figure prep. The workouts are worth watching for some really useful cuing, and as she’s self-coached she has a lot of sensible tips about visualization to help with the mental side.